Mould can be a cause for concern when it pops up. Many individuals do not realize how their garage is an ideal location for mould to thrive in. Pressure washing your garage to remove any build-up of mould will prevent any future developments in the process. Below-mentioned is the best ways to remove them:
- The ideal way to ensure mould from building up and spreading all over your garage is to reduce the amount of moisture in the garage as much as possible. Keeping your garage dry at all times is an effective step.
- Identify areas in your garage where moisture or rainwater can creep into your garage easily. Sealing your gutters and maintaining a proper drainage system will help.
- Make sure your windows are sealed properly so that water does not seep through them. Also, see if the roof of your garage is prone to any leaks. A garage with proper drainage and no cracks or holes will solve the mould problem.
The largest opening in your garage is the door. The garage door needs to play its part in stopping water from entering your garage. If your garage door is old and not maintained properly, there is a possibility that it can become loose over time, and it can present an opportunity for rainwater to seep in during high winds. Below-mentioned is how to treat moulds in garage doors effectively:
- Install a roller garage door as the rubber strip along the bottom ensures every gap is plugged, leaving rainwater and other moisture with very little opportunity to find its way inside.
- Roller garage doors provide complete protection from elements such as rainfall, heavy winds, including snow and hail.
- An insulated roller garage door will help prevent the build-up of humid conditions, thus eliminating the chance of mould developing.
- A simple way to efficiently maintain mould-free conditions in your garage door is to install a roller garage door.
Dark and stuffy environments also stimulate the growth of mould, therefore, it is crucial to provide your garage with good ventilation and proper natural lighting. Proper air circulation also inhibits the growth of mould. If you take these above-mentioned steps, it can be difficult for mould to develop. Another suggestion is to keep fewer cardboard and paper items or avoid leaving any wet shoes or clothes in the garage.
Tips to effectively remove them
If you identify patches of mould, here is what you need to do to solve this problem:
- Mould should be thoroughly scrubbed to stop them from spreading. This can be achieved by spraying the area with warm water. For your safety, ensure the garage is properly ventilated before you choose to work with any harmful chemicals.
- When you are carrying out pressure washing to tackle mould, make sure the work is carried out in a well-ventilated area with all the necessary equipment such as gloves, glasses, and respiratory masks.
If you are looking for affordable pressure washing services to remove mould, look no further than GME. Please do not hesitate to reach out to our team today to schedule an appointment.